HOW TO BUY AIRTEL/TELKOM AIRTIME THROUGH M-PESA.
March 3, 2021
Did you know that you can buy airtime for your Airtel Kenya line using M-Pesa? Yes, it is actually possible and I am going to show you exactly how to do it through the simple procedures below.
- First step to take is to head on to sim toolkit on your mobile phone and tap on it.
- Thereafter, navigate to your Safaricom SIM card menu and select the M-Pesa option.
- In the M- Pesa menu select the option “lipa na M- Pesa” and select “pay bill” then again select the labelled option “enter business number”.
- When asked to enter the business number, insert 220220 and then tap ok. Note that the business number must be 220220, therefore do not interfere with a single number there.
- Next, select “account no” and then enter your airtel line number as the account number for example 0711111111. After you are done and confirmed that you have not mistaken your airtel phone number, you can press “ok”.
- Afterwards, insert the amount of airtime you wish to buy for example 100 and then press “ok” when you are done. Note that amounts less or equal to Ksh.100 will not incur any transactional charges thanks to M- Pesa kadogo.
- Enter your M- Pesa pin and press “ok” when you are done. Your M- Pesa pin ought to be your secret and absolutely no one should know about it.
- Confirm the details then press “ok” in all the prompts.
- If in any case you need to cancel the transaction and prevent it from going through, you can reply with any letter or digit before the twenty five (25) second lapse.
- Wait patiently for the confirmation message from M- Pesa and airtel. The first message is from M- Pesa which confirms a successful transaction and the second one is from airtel stating that you have recharged your account and your new balance is the amount of airtime you bought through M- Pesa.
- Congratulations, you have successfully bought airtel airtime for your airtel line through M- Pesa. You can dial *131# or *133# to confirm your airtime balance.