Hard reset (factory reset/master reset) simply put is a way of removing all data in your device and making it look like a new one just as it left the shop.
Many reasons could prompt you to perform factory reset on your HUAWEI Smartphone, one could be because you don’t your password or want your phone to be as good as new because it hangs or just doesn’t seem how it used to be when you bought it.
The above problems could hinder full use of your mobile phone.
Below are procedures that allow you to carry out hard reset on your HUAWEI:
- Power on your HUAWEI phone then go to the setting icon.
- Scroll down to the last option in the menu at the bottom.
- Click on “System.”
- Tap the Reset option.
- Choose “Erase all data (factory reset.”)
- Confirm whether you want to erase your HUAWEI phone’s data.
- Type the correct pin or pattern and select “yes erase everything” to continue.
- Now the Hard Reset was successful. Congratulations! Please wait for your phone to restart and complete the initial setup via Wi-Fi or Mobile data.
- Power off your device properly.
- Hold firmly the Volume Key first then the Power key after 2.5 seconds then leave Power Button when HUAWEI logo pops for about 9 seconds. Note: Do NOT release the Volume Button during the process
- Release all buttons, a screen will pop up showing 3 conflicts: Wipe data/factory reset, Reboot system now, wipe cache partition. Tap on Wipe data/factory reset..
- A screen will pop up asking you to confirm whether you want to Factory Reset your phone. Tap on Wipe data/factory reset.