Get electricity whenever you need it! Okoa Stima permits you to ask for any amount according to the weight of your pockets, that is, an amount that you can be able to pay in due time. This limit offered to you is usually based on your past relationship with the Kenya Power and Lighting Company (KPLC). The loan offered to you is payable in 7 days. Follow the steps below to learn how you can easily okoa stima while at home.
- First step is to power on your phone and open the dial pad application in which you will dial the number *885#
- Accept the terms and conditions given to you by inserting “1” on the space provided and tap the “send” option displayed on the screen of your device.
- Enter your national identification card number (ID number) issued to you by the Kenyan government and click send. Make sure that you enter the correct ID card number in order to proceed.
- Set your preferred pin and confirm it and when you are a hundred percent sure of it, click “send”.
- After you have successfully set in your preferred pin, select the option “continue” while waiting patiently to receive a confirmation message.
- Thereafter, you will be asked to register a new account. Insert your pin again to confirm your account and thereafter register a meter/account.
- Enter your Kenya power meter number and hit the “send” icon.
- Confirm meter number and proceed by choosing “yes” option.
- Select account type (pre- paid or post- paid).
- After entering your account type, enter your Kenya power meter number.
- A new page of Okoa stima menu will be displayed on your screen where you are given four options to choose from. Select the number one option provided to you which is “Pre- paid” and tap on the “send” key.
- Choose from the given option either to but tokens or okoa stima.
- Insert your Kenya power meter number or the number of the meter that you want to buy tokens or okoa stima for and thereafter, as usual click “send”.
- Enter the amount you wish to okoa and send followed by your pin and thereafter submit your results by tapping “send”. Note that the amount paid will be deducted from your M- Pesa account.
- You will receive two messages, one from M-Pesa and another one from Kenya Power and Lighting Company (KPLC).
- Congratulations, you have successfully done it. You now hav Okoa stima. It is that easy.