There are two versions of play station 5, the standard edition and the disclose digital edition. There are no changes in features or power aside from the disk drive.
- Play Station 5 will be released in the UK on the 19th of November and will cost 449 pounds 99 or 399 pounds 99 for the digital edition. Some countries like the USA will launch a little earlier, on the 12th of November.
- There are 3 games that will be free on Play Station 5.Platformer Astros playroom will be pre-loaded onto the console at release and will highlight the dual sense controller. Also at launch battle Royale giant fortnite will be ready for download on Play Station 5 for players who can carry over their progress and purchases to the new console. The players will have 3 months to grab GTA online for free after its launch as a standalone title in the second half of 2021.
- Announced for launch is the Play Station plus collection. A new feature coming to Play Station plus on the Play Station 5. The PS plus collection is a curated list of some of the biggest games on PS4 all available to Play Station 5 players with a plus subscription giving them access to essential game hits.
- Play Station 5 controller is called dual sense and the reason is called dual sense instead of dual shock is because as well as building on the successful features of dual shock 4, it’s designed to explore a sense of touch within game play with advanced hepatic feedback adding a variety of powerful sensations during play and adaptive triggers built into the R2 and L2 buttons offering levels of resistance as players press them.
- The dual sense controllers uses USB type c cable for charging and will feature a rechargeable battery.
- Starting nice and easy with a uhd blue-ray optical drive which means not only will game developers have more space for data when putting games together but you can also watch 4K blue- rays on Play Station 5.
- Play Station 5 CPU the central processing Unit responsible for performing instructions is an 8 core CPU like the one on the play station4 but based on the more advanced Zen 2 architecture giving it a clock speed of 3.5 gigahertz compared to play station’s 4 1.6 gigahertz. In terms of raw processing power, it’s more than double.
- Play Station 5’S powerful custom gpu will allow for higher resolution in games as well as supporting ray tracing which stimulates the way light moves in real life. So games that take advantage of ray tracing will render objects like water, glass or even hair more realistically.