HOW TO CREATE A WHATSAPP GROUP AND ITS IMPORTANCE
March 3, 2021
A WhatsApp group is an important part of a day to day life in the world we live in today. One can use WhatsApp group in business and communication with friends and family in our personal lives. In these groups, one can reunite with people from their past like those who went with them to the same high school, primary school, or even tertiary institutions and this brings the good times of good old days.
Through WhatsApp groups, one can usually keep up with the latest news or gossips as it never lacks a participant with the latest news or gossip. These groups have also helped small businesses as one can use the group to keep in touch with clients. A group is also important when one wants to pass information to many people at once instead of getting in touch with every single one individually which will cost time and money. One is able to reach 256 people at once.
How to create a WhatsApp group using an iPhone.
- One should take their iPhone and tap on the WhatsApp icon on the screen to first access WhatsApp. The iPhone should have an internet connection. WhatsApp is free in the Appstore in case your phone does not have one.
- One should then tap on “chats” in order to open the chat history. This is usually at the base of the screen in the toolbar. When it opens to the last chat you had, one will have to tap the “Chats” button at the top of the screen on the left side to return to the Chats menu.
- One should then tap the “New Group” button. This will be found at the top of the screen on the right side. One will be required to have at least 1 chat on the chats menu. This will enable one to create a group. In the event you don’t have a chat, you should send even a word to anyone in your contact list. This will ensure the pop up of the “New Group” button.
- One should then tap on contacts’ names to add them to your group. One can add contacts to the group to a maximum of 256 contacts. Names and icons of the contacts you have added will be shown at the top of your screen as you continue adding contacts. One can also be able to search for precise contacts at the search box at the top of the screen. One cannot add people who are not saved in contacts.
- After selecting the contacts for the group, one should click on “Next” at the top your screen in the right corner. This will direct you to the new group creation page. At this point, one should add the group subject which is basically the name of the group. At the group subject, one should only provide a maximum of 25 characters. One can also add a picture by tapping on the camera icon. One can delete some of the participants they don’t want at this point before they formally form it.
- One should then tap on “Create” which is at the top of the screen which is on the right corner.
Creating a WhatsApp group using an Android.
- One should take their device and click on the WhatsApp icon in order to access WhatsApp. The device should have an internet connection for one to get started. In case the device does not have WhatsApp, they can download it for free from the Google Play Store.
- One should then tap on the Chats tab. This tab is usually at the base of the screen at the toolbar. WhatsApp will open your last chat and one should then click on the “Chats” button which is at the top of the screen on the left corner.
- One should then tap on their Android’s menu button. A menu will pop up from within the chats page.
- One should then click on the New Group button which is at the top of the Android’s menu. This will enable you to choose the member you wish to have in your group.
- One should proceed by tapping the contact’s names in order to add them to your group. One can also search for precise contacts from the search box at the top of your device’s screen. One is not able to add people who are not in their contacts.
One should then tap on the OK button which is at the top of the screen on the right corner when you are ready to proceed after adding contacts.
- One will then be required to add the name of the WhatsApp group at the blank space at the top of the screen.
- One should then add a photo for the group which is optional. One does this by clicking the empty box next to the WhatsApp group name. One will select a photo from their photo gallery or even take a new picture from WhatsApp if you don’t have one.