The procedure of erasing all data in your mobile smartphone and making it to mimic a new device just like it left the place of manufacture is called Hard reset (factory reset/master reset).
Here are some reasons why you may need to Hard Reset your HONOR mobile phone.
- You device may be hanging.
- Your phone may be completely out of space.
- You could have forgotten your Pattern or Pattern.
This will be very effective when you use your phone without any restrictions.
Here are 2 methods to carry out hard reset on your HONOR smartphone:
1. Power on your HONOR phone then go to the setting icon.
2. Go down to the last option in the menu at the bottom.
3. Tap on “System.”
4. Tap the Reset option.
5. Choose “Erase all data (factory reset).”
6. Confirm whether you want to erase your HONOR phone’s data.
7. Key in the correct pin or pattern and select “yes erase everything” to continue.
8. Congratulations! Please wait for your phone to restart and complete the initial setup via Wi-Fi or Mobile data to complete phone startup.
- Power off your device correctly.
- Firmly press the Power key+ Volume up key + for a few seconds until the HONOR logo pops up on your screen.
- Navigate using the volume buttons to navigate select factory reset/wipe data from the list of options. Use the Power Button to select.
- Type in the word “yes” on the next screen to confirm that you want to wipe out all user data and tap the option wipe data/factory reset.
- Wait for a few seconds for the factory reset process to be completed (Do NOT touch any button during the process).
- After the Hard-reset sequence is completed, select Reboot system now using the power button.
- After you phone reboots, you will have correctly hard reset your HONOR device.
- Note: In HONOR smartphone, you will need to enter your Google account password after restoring factory settings if you were logged in to google.